Wednesday, March 19, 2008

starting to eat

Kyler failed his swallow study again, but I went and talked to my pediatrician and decided to start feeding kyler an ounce of formula mixed with rice cereal every couple of hours. He usually did fine on his test for about an ounce and so we think it will help him to actually eat through his mouth since he hasn't had any food orally for 2 months now. He wants to see us back in two weeks and he said we will probably just take his tube out after that if he seems to tolerate the feeds well, which so far he has so we I was happy about that. He told me that most babies do aspirate a little into their lungs when they eat so since he wasn't failing it horribly he made the decision to start with the oral feedings, which is how i felt too.

4 comments:

The Bliss Family said...

I'm so glad he is doing better. That poor little guy! Good luck with the cereal! I hope he gets back to normal soon. ~Tessa

Jenn said...

Hey Julianne! It was nice to see you today. I found your blog off of Shara's, which I just found today too. Let's keep in touch!

Your little guy is such a cutie, and I hope he gets all better soon! Nothing worse than having a sick child.

www.jenbenspencer.blogspot.com

Shara Parker Park said...

It was so good to see Kyler doing so well. He is such a cute boy. I am so glad I got to spend some time with you while you were up. The more we see each other, the more I miss you. That seems backwards to me.

Kristina said...

Hi Julianne! This is Kris (Thomas) from Granger. I was excited to find your blog through Shara's. Your family is so cute and I hope your little boy continues to do better!