Monday, November 24, 2008

My new calling

Well, last week the bishop called me into his office and told me that they would like to call me as the new enrichment leader, and so i said yes. I was excited because I really would only have to do an activity 4 times a year. So I thought- I can handle that, this is a great calling! Then sunday they are announcing the new people, and they say The new relief society president is... the new first counselor is... and the second counselor is Julianne Orth. So i stand up and they sustain me and I sit down and i was like "justin is that what they called me as?" and he said "well that is what you are now regardless" So I am just in shock, so i talked to the new relief society president and she said that it was right, i am over enrichment, but that is what one of the duties of the second counselor are. So I guess i am the new second counselor. I am excited though. I kind of thought I was going to be the enrichment leader because a few months ago at an enrichment activity they had a senior couple come and tell their experiences in Russia and I told Collette that this was so boring, and I could care less about how people go potty in Russia, and that just because I said that I would probably get called as the enrichment leader and here I am. So be careful what you say, there is always someone listening!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I bet that was a shock! I'm actually the enrichment leader in my ward and it's been a struggle because we haven't been in the ward too long and I'm not familiar with everyone yet (i.e. I don't know who to ask to help out with specific topics). As you plan activities, make sure to post about them because I love to hear what other wards are doing.

--Kris

Joe said...

Wow, they chose a good person, I know you'll do a good job! -- dad

Rochelle said...

Sounds like fun!! But a lot of work, you will be great at it though!!!!!!

Rachael said...

Bwa haa haa! You will be great--but, hopefully the bishop with be able to give more details next time he calls you.